Join our Team
Advocate Printing & Publishing offers a unique opportunity for people looking for a challenging career within the scenic setting of a beautiful Nova Scotia seaside town. If this appeals to you, then we would like to hear from you. Strong customer service, cutting edge technologies and a full group of in-house production services are fueling our growth. We are currently in need of full-time team members for several of our divisions.
COME GROW WITH US!
Advocate Printing is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and benefits.
Advertising Sales Representative
Advocate Media Inc., publishes newspapers, magazines and industry publications in various communities across the Maritimes. Advocate Media is invested in the communities we serve and have built the reputation of being the publisher that Mari-times turn to and trust. Affiliated with Advocate Printing & Publishing, located in Pictou, Nova Scotia, Advocate is the largest privately owned printing and publishing company in Atlantic Canada. Committed to growth, continuous improvement and exceptional customer value, Advocate understands that people really do make a difference.
The Company is very excited to be recruiting an additional Advertising Sales Representative for our Pictou team. With new developments we are searching for a dynamic, self-motivated Sales Representative looking to join a team of dedicated sales professionals. If you’re passionate about selling and have exceptional customer service skills this position could be your next career opportunity.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful applicant will:
-Locate and contact existing and potential clients to offer, promote and sell advertising.
-Work with various community leaders and maintain excellent relationships with all clients.
-Partner with editorial, customer service and various sales personnel.
-Provide superior customer service and explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products.
-Maintain assigned account bases and tracking records while developing new accounts.
-Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising.
-Recommend appropriate sizes and formats for advertising.
-Inform customers of available options for advertisement artwork.
-Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers.
-Participate and help prepare promotional plans, sales literature, media kits and sales contracts.
-Attend sales meetings, industry trade shows, and training seminars.
-Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
-Deliver advertising and illustration proofs to customers for approval.
-Research information about clients' products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· 2 to 3 years’ success cold calling and/or business account development experience.
Outgoing, dynamic sales leader, who is creative, organized and highly self-motivated.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong Microsoft office skills and ability to work with sales tracking software.
The ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with customers.
Strong ability to identify and contact clients with control for advertising budgets.
The ability to work under pressure and meet sales targets.
Creative thinker with goal oriented attitude to achieve targets.
Good judgment with excellent organizational and negotiation skills.
Good multi-tasking and priority management skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested applicants email your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Digital Solutions Specialist
Advocate Printing & Publishing, located in Pictou, Nova Scotia is the largest privately owned printing and publishing company in Atlantic Canada. Committed to growth, continuous improvement and exceptional customer value, Advocate understands that people really do make a difference. The company is very excited to be recruiting a Digital Solutions Specialist who will sell our integrated solutions and services supporting Digital Print, Signage, PrintCommerce, Design, Video, Photography, Creative and various new and exciting communication solutions.
Reporting to the Director this position will work with, collaborate, project manage and consult with internal and external customers directly. Developing and supporting digital operations business opportunities this position will liaise with various business, institutional and community leaders, maintaining excellent relationships.
• Provide solution consulting for new and existing customers for all digital products through Advocate Digital Solutions Group.
• Introduce updated or new products.
• Assist existing customers with digital solution requests as needed.
• Work closely with sales and estimating team members to prepare proposals and statement of work documents for prospective customers, including technical specifications, software applications, budgets and timelines.
• Direct sales of advanced solutions to create larger sales opportunities.
• Support the sales team by assisting in managing the digital requests in relation to DAM, Signage, Commerce, etc.
• Provide digital application demonstrations to prospective companies in collaboration with sales team members.
• Work with Digital Solutions Managers to create and execute email campaigns.
• Assist in generating monthly/quarterly reports on usage and sales.
• Assist in reporting on institutional accounts.
• Prepare and present digital presentations to mixed technical and business audience.
• Participate in sales and business reviews developing and reporting Win/Lost analysis and product portfolio recommendations.
• Participate at trade shows, conferences and customer sponsored product opportunities as required.
• Ensure all work complies with company policies, procedures and practices.
• Ensure safety processes and procedures are followed and all work is carried out within Company Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Industry related experience in digital sales/customer support experience from the print or imaging industry with a demonstrated track record of success in sales.
• Highly motivated self-starter with very strong presentation and technical skills.
• Strong relationship development skills and ability to work effectively within a collaborative environment.
• High comfort level with online software systems and/or technology.
• Post-Secondary education and/or equivalent working experience.
• Strong ability to develop and present effective presentations.
• Effective consultation skills to identify clear statements of customer requirements and related development effort required.
• Strong ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Strong organization skills.
• Strong written/oral communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and proactive problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects is essential.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Advanced knowledge in digital production applications.
• Bilingual in English and French would be an asset.
To explore this exciting opportunity please email your resume:
Human Resources Manager
SHARE THIS POSITION